You are here
Post Doc Researcher
Centro di Ricerca "E.Piaggio"
Università di Pisa
Ludovica received her master degree in Biomedical Engineering in Pisa (2015) and completed the PhD program in Information Engineering (Pisa) in May 2019 with a thesis entitled 'Advanced in-vitro models with integrated sensing for real-time monitoring of electrical and mechanical properties of cellular constructs'.
Current research projects:
- the study of cell response to viscoelasticity
- the bioprinting of structured active intestinal spheroids (SAIS)
- G. Mattei and L. Cacopardo, A. Ahluwalia. Engineering gels with time-evolving viscoelasticity. Materials, 2020
- L. Cacopardo, G. Mattei, A. Ahluwalia. A new load-controlled testing method for viscoelastic characterisation through stress-rate measurements. Materialia, 2019, 100552.
- L. Cacopardo, J. Costa, S. Giusti, L.A. Buoncompagni, S. Meucci, A Corti, G. Mattei, A. Ahluwalia. Real-time cellular impedance monitoring and imaging of biological barriers in a dual-flow membrane bioreactor. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2019, vol. 140, p.111340
- O. Ramirez, L. Cacopardo, B. Leon, J. Costa. Design and development of a dual-flow bioreactor mimicking intestinal peristalsis and permeability in epithelial tissue barriers for drug transport assessment. Biocell, 2019, vol. 43 (1), pp. 29-35.
- L. Cacopardo, N. Guazzelli., R. Nossa, G. Mattei and A. Ahluwalia: ‘Engineering hydrogel viscoelasticity’ Journal of Mechanical Behaviour of Biomedical Materials, 2019, vol. 89, pp. 162-167.
- G. Mattei, L. Cacopardo, A. Ahluwalia Micro-Mechanical Viscoelastic Properties of Crosslinked Hydrogels Using the Nano-Epsilon Dot Method. Materials, 2017, 10, 889.
- S. Giusti, D. Mazzei, L. Cacopardo, G. Mattei, C. Domenici. and A. Ahluwalia: Environmental Control in Flow Bioreactors. Processes, 2017, 5(2), 16.
- Real time monitoring of physiological barriers
- Biomaterial Viscoelastic characterization
- Liver decellularization and liver ECM gels
- Cell Encapsulation in Spherical hygrodel
- Materiali Intelligenti e Biomimetici
- Elementi Costruttivi di Macchine Biomediche
- Fenomeni di Trasporto Biologico